Climate Change and Clean Energy
Fossil fuels are polluting the air we breathe and changing the world we live in. Too often, low-income communities and communities of color are most affected. The good news is that our economy has started to move toward a 100% clean energy future. The bad news is President Trump denies climate change and works to support fossil fuel industries, making the problem worse. He withdrew from the Paris Agreement, undermining global efforts to solve the climate crisis. He has doubled down on his support for the coal industry by weakening EPA pollution standards and trying to make consumers bail out unprofitable coal plants. He also is working to repeal federal gas mileage and pollution standards and block states from setting stronger standards to promote electric vehicles.
Mike will immediately make tackling climate change one of his highest priorities by leading a nationwide push to rebuild American communities and infrastructure with 100% clean energy technology, reducing carbon pollution 50% by 2030. He will propel the U.S. toward a 100% clean energy future by setting clean energy standards and pollution limits on coal and gas plants and by putting more affordable electric vehicles on the road.
How Mike Will Get It Done:
- Restore America’s leadership in fighting the global climate crisis
- Propel the United States toward a 100% clean energy future
- Make environmental justice a national priority
- Ensure 100% of new vehicles are pollution-free by 2035
- Green our buildings to save Americans money on their heating and energy bills
- Invest in projects to reduce and protect against climate impacts, including wildfires
Post a Comment